The rate of flow of time: Which is increasing, at least for me

 



Not so long ago, during my 14th year of existence, I thought this was rubbish, how can life possibly speed up? Obviously, it must be some kind of adult joke which I can't possibly understand. Yet, even in this sentence, I find for myself that, yeah, "time" does fly fast. It has been three years since I shifted to this huge city, whose innards I have yet to visit, two years since I went to Earth Science Olympiad camp and almost a year since COVID-19 has transformed our lives for at least another year to come (Stay safe and wear a mask, GET VACCINATED!!!)

(Future Samyak:<digression>)

Yet, I almost always think of myself as that middle school kid in the small town of Jammu, who used to boast about being the smart guy and winning all the non-sports competitions in the town.  In short, "hot and happening"!

My position on the Dunning Kruger graph for Life and other HS topics

This attitude, due to being a large fish in a small pond, was all but destroyed when I moved to Delhi and joined DPS RK Puram. and I came to face the nastiest realisation ever, I wasn't at the top of my class.
Now, to be fair to my 2018 self, yes, you didn't have a proper home and couldn't eat properly. And yes, you were entitled to think highly of yourself because well you had been the defending champion of Jammu's largest school quiz, went to represent J&K at the Children's Science Congress as the only kid not in high school in class 7th and had learnt Single Variable Calculus all by yourself. Yet, why the fuck didn't you cry out for a telescope or search for Olympiads instead of going o YouTube to watch the next Fortnite video? Anyways, cutting to the point, I did eventually excel at what I was interested at, got a few scholarships and decent 93.6% in 9th and did top the class next year.

(Future Samyak:</digression>)

Anyways!

Coming to the speed of light life. I have gradually come to accept me as myself and to work towards other goals(such as my long desire to do research before I go to college!!) and letting go of things has become a bit easier, narrowing my interests and trying to increase the depth

Maybe, 4 years down the line, when I am a college senior (maybe MIT?), I will look at these posts and realise, Heck! why do I feel like I had written it a month ago! (5 years Future Samyak please post your comments in the comments section please!). 

I think it's still too early for 2020 Samyak to tell how fast will be the rate of flow of time will be for him, and he leaves 2026 and 2069 Samyak to share that



Au revoir!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular

I found out something beautiful

I love people/I hate people

"Hello World"